Monday, September 29, 2008

Good old Idaho...

The wedding is officially less than two months away! Wahoo! With the clock ticking down, Dan and I decided to head to Idaho for the weekend to do some wedding stuff with my parents. We got there Friday night just in time to go to a branch party with my parents where we ate the best authentic Mexican food. La comida fue muy rica!

Saturday morning I went wedding dress shopping with my parents. Poor Dan got left behind at my house while we were out and about. He's a good sport. Now Idaho Falls is a pretty small place, so the wedding dress selection is really nothing to shout about. But, despite that, we had success! I was able to find a beautiful dress at Margene's Bridal and I totally love it! It's getting pressed and steamed this week, and my parents will bring it down to me when they come up for General Conference this weekend. It's awesome, and if Dan didn't have access to this blog, I would post a picture so you all could see it...

We were also able to discuss some stuff for the open house in Idaho and pick out our colors--a deep cranberry-ish red and ivory. It was a productive weekend and I'm glad we went.

Life is definitely good right now. I love Dan and planning our wedding has been tons of fun so far. It promises to be a hectic two months with school and work and everything, but we're definitely excited!

2 comments: