Monday, September 22, 2008

Slowly and surely...

Well, it was a good week in the world of wedding planning. The wedding is only 67 days away, and our plans are starting to take shape. With Dan and I both going to school and working, you might imagine we're way stressed out about everything, but so far we're doing surprisingly well!

The highlight of the week came when we were able to book our honeymoon. Dave and Stacey (who earned themselves a lifetime of free babysitting) gave us a week stay in their time share. We'll be going to Oceanside, CA the week before Christmas. We are so excited!!

We also got four of our engagement photos back. Our photographer (Dan's friend Triana) says the rest of the pictures should be ready any time. She will be giving us a CD with about 40-50 pictures on it. I'm really excited to see how they turned out. I really two of the four we already have. Dan looks GOOD, if I say so myself...

I was also able to get in touch with my Grandpa Knapp and ask him to be our sealer at the temple. He was a sealer in the Idaho Falls temple for a long time. He has performed the weddings of all my siblings, and most of my cousins. Since he's not a temple worker anymore, he has to get permission from the first presidency to do sealings. But, since he will be doing the ceremony for my cousin's wedding the weekend before, there shouldn't be any problems getting permission. It will be a neat experience to have my grandpa do the ceremony.

The housing search continues...November is a wierd time to find an apartment. We've found a couple possibilities, but nothing is for sure yet. We'll keep looking and something will turn up!

So, yeah...that's basically what we were up to last week. This week we need to reserve the church for our reception, get our engagement pictures back and work on announcements, and then kick back, relax, and just enjoy each other. Sounds like a plan to me. And, we will be going to Idaho this weekend to do some stuff for our open house up there.

There's lots to do, but it's definitely worth it!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like plans are coming together. Good luck with everything! I hope to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that we get to see the "planning process" on here now too!!

    ReplyDelete