Thursday, July 31, 2008

Meet the Parents...

Okay, today's topic has been one that ALWAYS gets me when I'm dating someone... the dreaded moment of meeting her parents. Now, some say that it's no big deal, and really easy, but sure, I'm nervous, how could I not be? Yeah, yeah, I know it'll be over with soon enough, but man... you wanna make a GREAT first impression. Well, I made that first impression on Laurie's mom last weekend when she came down to drop Laurie off in SLC (luckily, I was in church clothes and we were going to a Mormon Tabernacle Choir Concert... Ding! Bonus points! :). Her dad, on the other hand, I figured I'd be making first impressions on come this weekend. Well, that's not exactly true. Sure... I'll meet him face to face, but apprently I've already made impressions on him. Laurie and I were talking on the phone last night, and I asked her if she had already mentioned me to her dad. Well, as I understand it, she showed him a picture of us two years ago when we were dating. He told her just this last weekend that he remembers me from that picture and when he saw it back in the day, he had a really good feeling about me. He said he was confused when she decided to go on a mission because he'd had similar feelings about each of his sons-in-law. Now, sure, people can look at that and say, well, gee... that's just some funky feelings! Hey, all I know is that it makes me happy to know that I've already made a good first impression on her dad. So, meeting him face-to-face this weekend shouldn't be a problem! Ha!

Laurie and I are surely excited to be with each other again. She texted me early this morning and said "I loved talking to you last night & now i can't get you out of my head"... Excccelent! My plan is working out perfectly! Ha! Last night before we talked I also got a message that said "I hope you know how awesome i think you are and how much i love getting to know you". I know! She suggested that on Saturday morning, we hit a session in the Idaho Falls temple. My friend that's bringing me back from Idaho, Kelli Stowers, is getting endowed in Rexburg that same day in the afternoon, so I suggested (at Kelli's request) that we attend. She readily agreed. Life is good!

So, hey, meeting the parents? No prob! Being with Laurie? Always wonderful.

4 comments:

  1. Woohoo!! I can hear wedding bells a ringin'!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly I'll be on my mission when those wedding bells ring... :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how cute!I'm excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the updates!

    Just one thought, as this gets more personal...does she know you are posting here?

    Open to her....a little more closed to the rest of us....

    I STILL WANT TO RE-MEET HER!!!!

    ReplyDelete