Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A lot to be thankful for. . .

Today I finished reading the book "Mistaken Identity." My sisters recommended it and since I'm always looking for a good read, I checked it out. It's a true story about two families who both have daughters who were involved in a tragic car accident. One girl dies, and the other survives. As you can guess from the title, the people who identified the bodies mixed up the identities, and the girl everyone thinks died is actually the girl who is in the hospital in a coma in critical condition. It's not until the girl begins to wake up that the families realize a mistake has been made. The book tells of the struggles and heartache of the two families. It was a really good book and made me think about some important things.

Luckily, the two families had a strong faith in Christ and that faith sustained them. It made me even more grateful for the knowledge we have of the plan of salvation and for the Atonement. It is because of Christ that these families could have hope and endure the trial. While reading about the families' experience in the ICU, my mind couldn't help but ponder the time my family spent at the NICU when Hyrum was so sick. I truly felt the love and mercy of Heavenly Father during that trial. And though I hope to never lose a child like these families did, I know that faith in Christ is what can get us through whatever life throws at us.

So, if you want a book that helps you think about what's really important in life and that reminds you of the magnitude of our Father's love, I highly recommend "Mistaken Identity." Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment