Monday, December 8, 2008

Back to the grind...

This weekend was our wedding reception in Idaho Falls. We left Friday after I got off work and arrived in Idaho Falls (conveniently) just in time to share dinner with my parents. We got up semi-early Saturday morning and went to a session in the IF temple. It was fun to show Dan "my temple." After the session we went to the church to help set everything up for the reception.

Later in the afternoon, we had a birthday luncheon with my family. That's right, I'm officially 25. My parents had asked our neighbor to cater the luncheon, and we had some of the best Mexican food! (Mexican food is a personal favorite, and when Sister Playas makes it, it's hard to beat!) We enjoyed enchiladas, rice, beans, sopes, and a cake of "tres leches." It was such good food and I completely forgot that I had to squeeze into a wedding dress a few hours later. Oh well! It was a fun luncheon, though they did sing Happy Birthday. Personally, I hate the Happy Birthday song. Let me clarify: I like singing it to others, but it's by far the most awkward 45 seconds of the year when people sing it to me. I never know if I'm supposed to sing along, or who to look at. My motto--Real friends don't let friends sing Happy Birthday.

Anywho, back to the reception...I think it went really well. It was fun to see a lot of friends and family I hadn't seen for a long time, and to introduce them to Dan and to Dad and Mom Meservy. We had a really good time.

Dan and I are off to a great start. We are so grateful for all the support we've received. Off to a great start and back to the grind...This is the last week of classes and then it's finals and then San Diego! I think we're gonna make it!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!
    Sounds like you are going to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 25th Birthday!!

    Glad the weekend trip went well.

    Study hard--it's almost over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Laurie!! I'm glad that the reception went well! Good luck this week and have fun in San Diego!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you having too much fun updating the backgrounds? Hope it's not during study time! LOL!

    Very cute!!

    ReplyDelete