Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Our Two Trees

Tree #1 -- November was a great month for our family. We really tried to focus on gratitude and all the blessings we've received. To help us out, Dan and I put up a "Gratitude Tree" for the first FHE in November. Each day we wrote something we were grateful for on a leaf and taped it to the tree. It looked pretty silly the first few days, but the leaves accumulated quickly.


I loved being able to look at the tree all month long and be reminded of all the blessings I've been given. It helped me realize how much I truly do have. Here's what Dan and I are most grateful for (in no particular order):
  • America
  • Priesthood Power
  • Scriptures
  • A Warm House
  • Huggies
  • Modern Medicine
  • The Holy Ghost
  • Ice Cream
  • Our Family
  • Good Credit
  • Good Health
  • Sealing Power
  • Temples
  • Being a Stay-at-Home-Mom
  • Good-Smelling Candles
  • Youth of the Church
  • Good People
  • Pajama Pants
  • Living Prophets
  • Enough money to have all we need & much of what we want
  • Sunshine
  • Technology
  • No Lack of Food
  • The Sunrise
  • Love
  • My Wonderful Wife
  • Quick & Easy Recipes
  • Our Education
  • Snow
  • My Hubba-Hubby
  • Dan's Short "Commute"
  • Good Friends
  • Prayer
  • Music
  • Good Literature
  • Tithing
  • Fall Weather
  • Nina
  • Dishwashers
  • Chocolate
  • Voting Rights
  • Good Movies
  • The Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ
  • Seasons
  • A Great Job
  • A Strong Mind
  • Hyrum
Tree #2 -- The Saturday after Thanksgiving, Dan and I put up our first Christmas tree. It's our first tree after 3 Christmases together, but better late than never! It's nice to finally have a place big enough to put one up.


There's something so nice about snuggling up on the couch with a good cup of hot chocolate and watching the lights on a tree.

In a way, I'm sad to see November go. It was a great month for our family. December will bring a lot of changes with the addition of baby #2, and I just hope we're up for it!

4 comments:

  1. I love the gratitude tree--I wish I had thought of that, Jace would love it! Your Christmas tree is so pretty too! Hope you have a great holiday:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Christmas tree is beautiful! We still have our Charlie Brown Christmas tree from our first apartment together...we can't fit anything bigger in our house! Your tree is so beautiful! I love turning off the lights and watching Christmas movies by the lights of our tree. Lucy loves to point at it and say pretty and then go and pull all the Mickey ornaments off the tree:) I'm out of school soon--we should get together again before #2 arrives. Email me and we'll figure something out:) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tree is beautiful (both trees--great idea)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the gratitude tree! If I remember by next November, we just might have to copy that idea! So fun!

    ReplyDelete