Monday, December 13, 2010

Nativities

Our family has been able to enjoy three nativities already this year. I have always loved nativities. Maybe it's because my mom collects them, so I was always surrounded by nativities at Christmas time. Whatever the reason, I love nativities at Christmas time. The first nativity we went to was a live one in South Jordan that my sister-in-law's stake puts on. It was, as always, incredible.

Our second experience with nativities was the "World Nativity Project." (http://www.worldnativity.com) We went to this guy's home and saw about 100 nativities from 3rd world and developing countries. They were so unique. They were made out of everything from soda cans and magazines to intricately carved wood. This year's theme was "angels" and the guy talked to us about the significance of angels in the story of Christ's birth. It was a really neat experience.

The third nativity was the nativity that the grandkids on my husband's side of the family put on every year. Last year Hyrum was baby Jesus. This year he made his big debut as a sheep.



He loved crawling around with his cousins, and smiled the entire time. He also started dancing every time we turned on music and sang a Christmas song. It was so cute! I love nativities and the Christmas season.

In other news, the pregnancy is still going well. I can hardly believe that we have 3 weeks left at most! It's strange to think that soon we'll have two kids, and that Hyrum will be a big brother. He's still my baby--how can he be having a little brother?!


2 comments:

  1. I love reading your posts! I can't believe you are done two 3 weeks left. It's amazing how fast time goes by. BTW, Hyrum's sheep costume rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hyrum is so cute! What a sheep--wow.

    ReplyDelete