Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My New Normal

It's been an interesting few weeks adjusting to life as a mother of two. Hyrum is as busy as ever, and keeps me on my toes. He is currently attempting to climb into the dishwasher. Hmmm. . . I should probably go do something about that.

I'm back. Disaster avoided.

Last week my mom came to spend the week with us. It was a huge blessing to have her here. Dan got strep throat the beginning of the week, and having her here to help take care of things took a huge burden off of me. I think that out of all of us, Hyrum loved having her here the most. He followed her around all week, wanting her to hold him and play with him. He wouldn't even leave her alone when she was working on some sewing projects:


But now, my mom is gone and Dan is back at work. It's time for me to get used to my new normal. Part of my new normal is rescuing Miles from Hyrum. Hyrum loves to pat his head, poke his eyes, and put his finger in Miles's mouth. After all, what are big brothers for?


It may take some getting used to, but I am so grateful to be able to stay home with my two little boys. When Miles went to the doctor last week, he was gaining weight and doing really well. He's a really calm, content baby and we love having him in our family!


6 comments:

  1. Such cute boys! That's so nice that your mom was able to come--mom's are soooo much help with a new baby! Good luck with your new normal--I know it was certainly an adjustment for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, basically Miles is just a mini Hyrum right? I mean, they look exactly the same! It's a good thing one walks and one doesn't so you can tell them apart! Anyway, super cute and I hope you're getting along alright now that mom is gone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the picture of Miles on the couch watching out for Hyrum!! Your boys are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miles looks so grown up. And I loved the photo of Hyrum helping your mom with her sewing project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your boys are so stinkin' cute! I love that you have to rescue Miles from Hyrum. I think that's why younger siblings are so tough!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So adorable. I'm glad your mom could come and help. You give me hope that I can make it with 2 kiddos!

    ReplyDelete