Monday, August 11, 2008

Good News!

Another fantastic weekend! Ha! It's always fun to be with Laurie, and I was lucky enough to go up this last weekend to be with her again. Nothing really new or exciting happened, but it was just nice to be with her. We watched a lot of Olympics, and visited a lot. I got home last night.

Well, Laurie found out today that she got an interview with Foote Insurance here in Provo. The interview was... well... today. So, she drove the 3.5 hours to Provo this morning to be here for an afternoon interview, and called me right after it ended. I asked how the interview went... "I guess you could say it went well". What does that mean?! Well, she was offered the job on the spot, and accepted it. Good news? HECK yes! :) She'll be starting Monday, so she's wrapping up stuff there in Idaho, then moving down by Friday or Saturday! That's it... she'll be here! No more long-distance pain (hopefully no near-by pain either! Ha!). That's so much better than the 2-3 more weeks that we were both expecting.

I saw her this afternoon for about 2 hours, then she had to drive back up to Idaho... blah! Did I say I'm not jealous of the driving she had to do today? She texted me to let me know she got home safe, but was upset at the traffic (don't rightly blame her!). I asked if she was still happy... "Of course! God answers prayers & i get to be w/ you soon- how could i not be happy?" Hoorah! Good news, good news, good news. I'm excited to have her near.

3 comments:

  1. How exciting that she is coming down so soon!!! I'm glad this last weekend was also good!

    Tell her congrats on the job! I do hope this doesn't mean we won't be seeing much of you...

    When do you move home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll let her know you're congratulating her. :) This means you'll be seeing more of me, because I'll actually be in town for family dinners and such. You'll meet her soon... I'm positive. I move home Saturday... crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! Glad she got the job and is going to be closer to you.

    ReplyDelete